Tattoos

Tattoos

I got my first tattoo when I turned 50.
I thought that occasion merited some kind of commemoration!
A beautiful Blue Bird of Happiness and cascading hearts with the sign for Scorpio at the bottom. It is on the outside of my left calf.
A few years later, I wanted another one and the tattoo artist was able to copy a picture out of a children's book. It shows Thumbelina being rescued by the Sparrow. That one is on the inside of my right calf.
Then, I got my last one a few years after that on my left forearm. It is two calla lilies with leaves and a black bow at the bottom by my wrist. It is in memory of my father and my grandfather who were both morticians. My grandfather died six months before I was born. They both also sold furniture!
One thing that I had planned was that if someone came in my store that I thought might be offended by my tattoos, I could turn the right side of my body towards them and they would not be able to see any of my tattoos!
I am still happy with all three of them and would do it again.
And yes... they hurt. But much like childbirth, very much worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Tragedy

A Sporting Life!

A Reader's Celebration