Spirits!

Spirits!

I was on my way home just now and couldn't find anything to listen to on the radio. That is, until I found a station playing polkas.
Listening to polka music on the car radio used to be an every Sunday event when you were with my dad.
So lately, I've been watching "Long Island Medium" and I'm thinking to myself, I wonder if my dad knows I'm listening to polkas and thinking about him?
When we first moved back home and bought our grandfather's house, I always felt that my grandmother was with me whenever I made improvements like new wallpaper or new shades or curtains. I like to think she was guiding my choices.
When my sisters and I were looking through our sister Patsy's belongings after she was killed in the plane crash, we felt her presence when we found a letter she had written to her son before she left on her trip. We opened it and read it. It was a goodbye letter... she knew she wasn't coming back!
When our baby was born prematurely and died, I felt my sister Patsy's presence. She was standing there holding my baby, telling me that she would keep her safe. I was finally able to sleep after that.
When my father died, the smoke alarm at the top of the stairs went off at that exact moment! We felt he wanted us to know he was going.
I look forward to the day when I will be able to contact my loved ones after I have died... or perhaps I'll just move some furniture around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Tragedy

A Sporting Life!

A Reader's Celebration