COFFEE vs. TEA

I have a long-standing problem with coffee drinkers. I have found that, as a group, they can be rather intolerant of anyone who doesn't drink coffee!
My mother was a coffee hound. My dad always drank tea and he taught me how to make it and how to drink it.
Many years ago I ordered hot tea in a restaurant. I was given a tiny metal pot of lukewarm water and a Lipton teabag on the side of the saucer. You can't make decent tea with lukewarm water!
I never understood restaurants who offer fresh, hot coffee with free refills to the coffee drinkers and then treat us tea drinkers like second-class citizens.
Do they have any idea how easy and cheap it would be for them to brew a pot of tea and then offer free refills? I believe that the cost of a pot of tea is way less than half the cost of a pot of coffee.
Once, I attended a Lutefisk Supper. They offered you your choice of coffee or water to drink... nothing else! I never went to one of those again.
There is no mystery about tea-making like there is about making coffee. There are endless ways of making coffee, but only one simple way to make tea.
I think more and more people are drinking tea. Normally, there is about half the caffeine in a cup of tea as in a cup of coffee. And the caffeine-free teas are simply delicious!
Don't get me wrong... I'm not against anyone who wants to drink coffee. In fact, I just bought a 10-cup "Espro" stainless steel French press so I can make decent coffee for anyone in my family at our next gathering.

Pardon me, but it's "tea time" and I'm in the mood for some Twinings Lemon Twist!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Tragedy

A Sporting Life!

A Reader's Celebration