Tick Tock

October 2013


wow! that was quite a vacation i took, wasn't it!
I had a family reunion in June.
I had a 45th class reunion in July.
I went to the Renaissance Festival near Shakopee, MN in September and had my first ever ride on an elephant AND on a camel!
And here I am, about to turn 64 years old tomorrow.
Those milestones are flying by.
I also had a small skin cancer removed from my forehead in September. So now I have a cool badass scar.
It's hard to not think about one's mortality at this point. Don't get me wrong. I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be a burden to anyone.
I went to visit an old neighbor at her nursing home last month. She had turned 100 years old. omg! Almost all of her contemporaries are gone. Her mind is still pretty good, but she spends her days in a wheelchair and her nights in bed.
I remember my mother-in-law, who died at 94, lying on her bed at the nursing home. One time I was there to visit and she raised her head up, looked at me and said, "What's the point?"
So, I hope and pray that the good Lord takes me before I can't take care of myself. I do love life and all (well, most!) of the people I've met. But I think it will be kind of cool to be able to see my grandfather who died before I was born and my sister who was killed at 31 in a plane crash, and our baby who died the day she was born. And my parents and parents-in-law. Oh! And all my ancestors!
I have a lot to look forward to!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Tragedy

A Sporting Life!

A Reader's Celebration