I'm just an old Sew-and-Sew

July 2013

I've been going through all of my clothes and being ruthless. If it's two or more sizes too big, it's going in the box to go to the consignment store. I've already got eight boxes filled and there is still more to go!
Some things I can sew off. It's not that hard to sew off jeans if you aren't going down too many sizes. The trouble is I'm losing so much pocket! I've got to have pockets to put my phone and my lip gloss in. Camisoles and tank tops are easy to sew off. So I've been making my sewing machine hum!
I hate belt loops. They show under some tops so they are all getting cut off. And any pockets on the back can't have any flaps. Why would clothing designers put pockets with flaps on the back anyway? At least not on plus-size ladies' clothing! They make very unattractive bumps on your bum!
And what the heck do we need fancy stitching or bling on jean pockets for? Good grief... we need the interest to be along the side of the leg(s) to draw your eye up and down. Besides, plus-size ladies don't (or shouldn't) tuck shirts into pants... it just accentuated the tummy. We like jackets or cardigans to wear over tanks and camis. And we LOVE bling... jut in the right places!
I could tell clothing designers a thing or two about how to design flattering clothing for a plus-size lady.
No horizontal stripes. No contrasting color bands at the bottom of a shirt or a jacket. All that does is call attention to one's backside.
Breast pockets on shirts are stupid. Again, do we want to call attention to certain areas?
And no huge floral prints! Good grief. Like we want to look like we are wearing a bedspread.
Tiny prints, solid colors, vertical stripes or chevron pattern stripes are all good ideas. Contrasting colors on cuffs and collars are fine. BRIGHT colors are cool. We don't want to wear all black or navy. We don't necessarily want to disappear!
And pretty details! The little stick girls shouldn't get all the pretty details, should they?
Sheesh. Where did that come from?
I celebrated a milestone a week ago. I graduated from CJ Banks to Christopher & Banks. For those of you not in the know, CJ Banks has plus-size clothing and Christopher & Banks has "regular" sized clothing.

Life is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Tragedy

A Sporting Life!

A Reader's Celebration