Number Five

Number Five
We just came back from meeting our newest grandbaby. A little boy who is the first to carry on our name for his generation.
I like to think about what my own grandparents thoughts might have been upon my own arrival in this world. Were they as excited as we were?
Time has really speeded up for us just in these past ten years.
I look in the mirror and see my mom. He says I walk just like her.
Friends and family relationships become more and more precious. Things that would have bothered me twenty years ago, no longer do.
I also think about the world that little boy is inheriting. His eyes are brand-new and he will see things that I can't even dream of now.
I hope he can remember us.
John Thomas Davids, V

Family... forever and always, no matter what!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Las Vegas Tragedy

A Sporting Life!

A Reader's Celebration